Friday, November 25, 2011

Cookies and Chocolate and Other News

Well folks Christmas Cookie Week is finished and I have a smile on my face and a freezer full of cookies.  I hope you all were inspired. If you haven't already done so, you really should check out the cookies that Angie made over at Echoes of Laughter.  Funnily enough, we both made cookies that you flatten with a fork on Monday and chocolate cookies on Wednesday and that was completely unplanned.  I really need to try printing tags on Avery labels like Angie does - it looked amazing on her packages.  


Just in case you were too busy snarfing turkey and licking the pumpkin pie off your plate over the past few days, here's a complete cookie compendium from this past week:



Day #2 - Shortbread cookies hanging on the tree in an origami cup.






****************************


Several of you have asked if I could offer the option of following Sense and Simplicity via email, so never one to turn someone away, I've added that feature.   If you read the blog in a reader, then you will need to go to the actual home page (which is here) and put your email address in the form on the right sidebar.  


****************************

And finally in other news....important chocolate information.   This will only be of interest to people living in the Toronto area, but did you know that there is a Lindt chocolate outlet store in Mississauga.  Given that this is the time of year when we are spending copious amounts of money buying copious amounts of chocolate - oh wait, is that only me?  Well if you also are planning on buying industrial quantities of chocolate this Christmas then you just might want to save yourself some money while you do it.  


I promise that the angels will sing when you visit this chocolate heaven.   Some of the items are as low as 50% off and many are 25-50% off and some are retail prices.  The chocolate is all fresh, in its original packages, and not damaged.



You can find the Lindt outlet at 7090 Kennedy Road, Mississauga just north of Derry Road off the 410.   I thought I saw on the sign that it is open from 9am - 9pm Monday to Friday.  The phone number is 905-696-8143 if you want to check opening times. 



Have a great weekend.  What's everyone up to this weekend?  Anyone doing any Christmas baking?  That won't be me - just saying.  

Linked to Handmade Gifts at Funky Junk Interiors,
VIP Party at Designer Garden

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the rundown...I missed a couple of these. What a busy week for your blog...bet it was so fun. I have not baked cookies for weeks but I did make 2 pumpkin pies on Wednesday from scratch. They were pretty good if I do say so myself! Have a good weekend yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo, I love Lindt chocolates! I buy their little bags all the times for friends. No baking for me yet. I have to change over my house to Christmas and then the mixing bowls come out! Have a great Sunday! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pennant package. The packaging looks great and fun.

    ReplyDelete